Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ChatterBox vs. Cru - Street Ball

Summer Project offered the ChatterBox a challenge to street ball for Monday 8/1/11. It rained, so the game was moved to the next night and the ChatterBox answered.

5 STUDS showed up against 6 ChatterBox Kitchen Staff (JK playin with SP). It was a back an forth game to 16, but in the end, the waiters and cooks brought the heat to the college kids 16-13.

STUDS team was made up of Jimmy Niederhaus (U of Wisconsin La Crosse), Jimmy Cliffton (Northwestern), Brandon Brooks (University of Wisconsin Madison), Jonathan Eggert (California State Sacramento) and yours truly (Michigan Tech)

ChatterBox Kitchen Staff consisted of Nick, Lee, James, Jay, Charlie and Matty.

I would consider this the 3rd time I've played competetive b-ball. 1 intramural game and 1 pick up game at Tech.  I learned a lot about setting picks and passing the rock tonight. I played hard under the hoop and grabbed some rebounds, but for as many really good plays I made, I made some bad plays.... So in the end, I was a neutral effect for the team, but got much better over the the game and made 2 layups on open lane drives.

There are less than two weeks in Project, then I head out to Cincinnati to be at Josh Weyburnes wedding, my good buddy from Tech.

Please continue to Rap for me and the rest of us on Project, that we would finish strong, continue to build relationships on project, pursue JJCool, and share our love in Ocean City.

Word,

~JK~

I beat my body and make it my slave, so that after I have preached to others I will not be disqualified from the prize. 1 Cor 9 :27

No comments:

Post a Comment