Thursday, July 14, 2011

1 week into the Chatterbox

I'm through working at the Chatterbox for over a week now!

When I'm working, I'm in the dishroom with one of two Mexicans: Gorgonio or Serfin. They're two cool dudes that don't know much English.... So I'm re-learning a bunch of Spanish from highschool.

This week I made a questionnaire and gave it out to the majority of the staff there, and I got a great response: Cooks, waiters/waitresses, prep boys, owners, all of them! I'm hoping that this will open up people to me so I can get into their life and figure out the best way to present them with The News.

I got my first paycheck : $250 for 30 hrs of work! That's like $8.25/hr after taxes! I'm really pumped.

I opened a Wells Fargo mission account, that I will put money into to save for future mission trips and Tech outreaches. With the money that I've made doing construction, security and dishwashing, I already have over $800 in there! Yeah Dad!

Gotta run to dinner,

Much love to you all,

~JK~

No comments:

Post a Comment