Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Joblist goes on! - Chatterbox

Sup everybody,

I finally got a full time job! Today I had my first day working as a dishwasher at "The Chatterbox". Here's  the background for my job search so far.

For basically the entire Summer Project I have been very busy finding a job. As I said in my first letter, I applied to "Air Circus" and "Super Fresh" before project started, and I figured I had it in the bag.

1 week into project, I was doing construction work with "Pease Contracting".  My buddy Anthony Gullucci and I were under a house lifting up a sunken floor....

Weeks 2 and 3 of project, I had a temporary security job for a house on the street. The owner was renting out to Senior Week students from PA.  Almost all highschoolers around here go on "Senior Week" after they graduate.  They go to Ocean City, rent houses and party for a week.

Week 4 I worked at "Ocean City Memories" T-shirt shop. They had me clean their back room and get them ready for the busy season, and then they let me go because "they had too many guys"....

Week 5 I worked with "Pease Contracting" again with my buddy Lucas, we tore siding off of a house and helped put in a mantle in a living room.

Week 6 I found the job at "Chatterbox"! I'm in the dishroom with Serfin and George, 2 Mexicans, washing dishes and putting away everything that we wash.

That's all for now.

Much love to my boys and girls,

~JK~

No comments:

Post a Comment